Sunday, March 20, 2011

Heirloom Bouquets




"Something borrowed, something blue, something old, something new..." This phrase that all brides know today probably began as an English custom during Victorian times. The "something old" was supposed to symbolize the bride's connection to her family and her past. Modern brides continue this tradition today, with many of them incorporating their "something old" into their bridal bouquet. Because the items they choose are usually cherished family keepsakes, I like to call these unique flower arrangements "heirloom bouquets." Whether the item is a glamorous brooch, a locket containing the picture of a loved one, or your grandmother's rings, these personal touches will help make your bridal bouquet even more special. One of the most touching items I used was the lace from bride's mother's wedding dress. The mother had passed away and this was a way for the bride to include her mom in one of the most important days of her life. I have also created bouquets using cameo pins, antique handkerchiefs, hat pins, rings, and even a miniature Bible. Each heirloom bouquet I design helps remind me of the importance and significance of your wedding day. Get more inspiration for your own heirloom bouquet by looking at my photo album here. Share your ideas with me! What would you include in your own heirloom bouquet?


Photo Credits:
Photo above by Carl Zoch
Photos at Right, clockwise beginning top left:
Carl Zoch, Hyden Photography,
Andrea Murphy Photography, Lindi Collins, Julie Wallis,
Birdsong Photography.


1 comment:

  1. Good to know about this bride’s tradition. Will gift my grandmother’s ring for bride. She gave me her ring when I was a little. This bridal bouquet will look awesome. Will book fresh flowers from Flower Delivery NYC service.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs